Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Honda FourTrax Recon
Stock Image: Green
Sized Right For Versatility.
Every craftsman knows that if you use the right tool for the job, life is a lot easier. But that’s a secret plenty of people forget when they’re looking at utility ATVs. Bigger isn’t always better, but it is usually more expensive and that is why the Honda Recon is going to be the smartest choice lots of ATV riders will ever make.
Why? You see the Recon is a powerful, versatile, rugged ATV with a smaller footprint. Its compact size helps you maneuver through tighter trails some larger ATVs would struggle with. But we’ve equipped this two-wheel-drive workhorse with a specially designed a 250–class engine, engineered for plenty of low-rpm torque and power. And the Recon is even available in two different models: one features our conventional foot-shift ATV transmission, while the Recon ES offers Honda’s Electric Shift Program (ESP), allowing you to upshift and downshift using two handlebar-mounted buttons. And new for 2016, we’ve redesigned the reverse mechanism and parking brake to make them easier to use and more intuitive. Take your pick—with a Honda Recon, you can’t go wrong.
Push-Button Shifting: The Recon ES features Honda’s Electric Shift Program, allowing you to easily up-and down-shift with your thumb using two buttons conveniently located on the handlebars.
We’ll Get You Going: With the press of a button, Recon is up and running, thanks to an effortless electric start. Want a backup? No problem—the Recon also has an auxiliary recoil starter.
Details That Make a Difference: For 2016 we’ve given the Recon a new reverse mechanism. Need to back up to load your ATV or get out of a tight spot on the trail? The Recon sports a reverse lever that’s designed to be easier to use. The new parking-brake lever is simpler and more intuitive.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Recon's semi-dry-sump and overhead valve designs create an engine that's not only shorter from top to bottom, but one that enhances handling by lowering the center of gravity while also increasing ground clearance.
- Uniquely Designed Floorboards: Both the Recon and Recon ES have uniquely designed floorboards, which allow the rider’s feet to grip the footrests while keeping away mud and debris.
- Effortless Electric Starting: There's no stopping the Honda Recon—at least when it comes to starting. Turn a key, push a button, and you’re off, even in cold weather. A backup recoil starting system (think lawn mower) provides added confidence.
- New Reverse Mechanism and Parking Brake: Mounted up on the left handlebar along with the parking brake, the Recon's reverse lever is tough, simple and easy to use.
- Steel Cargo Racks: Front and rear steel cargo racks allow payloads of 33 and 66 pounds, respectively.
- LED Taillight and Brakelight: LED taillight and brakelight for durable, long-lasting lighting.
- Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 68.5 mm x 62.2 mm
- Induction: 22 mm carburetor
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed with reverse
- Driveline: Direct rear driveshaft
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 5.1 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 4.9 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual sealed hydraulic drum
- Rear Brake: Sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tire: 22 x 7-11
- Rear Tire: 22 x 10-9
- Length: 75.0 in.
- Width: 40.7 in.
- Height: 42.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 44.5 in.
- Seat Height: 31.2 in.
- Ground Clearance: 6.0 in.
- Turning Radius: 8.5 feet
- Curb Weight: 434 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.4 gal., including 0.6-gal. reserve
- Available Colors: Red, Green
- Model Id: TRX250TM
- Duration: 1 year
- Description: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 68.5 mm x 62.2 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- 22 mm carburetor
- Starting System
- Electric with auxiliary recoil
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Travel
- 5.1 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual sealed hydraulic drum
- Front Tires
- 22 x 7-11
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with single shock
- Rear Travel
- 4.9 in.
- Rear Brake Type
- Sealed mechanical drum
- Rear Tires
- 22 x 10-9
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 434 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.4 gal., including 0.6-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 6.0 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 75.0 in. x 40.7 in. x 42.1 in.
- 44.5 in.
- Final Drive
- Direct rear driveshaft
- Five-speed with reverse
- Red, Green
- 1 year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.