Inventory Unit Detail
2015 Honda CRF 450 R
Call for Price
Your Trophy Awaits.
There’s big news for 2015: an all-new Engine Mode Select button lets you choose between three settings (Standard, Smooth, and Aggressive), just by pushing a handlebar-mounted button. It's an industry first for MX bikes, and it's going to make tuning your bike for changing track conditions a snap. With our available HRC Fuel Injection Setting Tool, it’s easily adjustable to specific track conditions and refines your settings in place of the smooth and aggressive settings on the engine mode selector.
Next, the CRF450R's revolutionary KYB Air Fork features new high-speed/low-speed compression and rebound damping, letting you dial in the CRF450R's suspension in much quicker. The new exhaust port header design and compact dual exhaust further enhance mass centralization. And the new head design provides more top end power and over-rev.
Plus, there’s stronger transmission gears, a new piston, more flywheel mass, a new rear shock that's easier to adjust and a new 260mm front brake lets you haul down all that speed with more stopping power. The list just keeps going on.
Engine Mode Select Button: Huge news for 2015, and an industry first for MX bikes. Not to be confused with a launch mode selector, this handlebar-mounted button lets you dial in engine power delivery character with a push of your thumb. Choose between Standard, Smooth, and Aggressive, depending on track conditions.
New Cylinder Head And Piston: The CRF450R’s new cylinder head features a right-side exhaust port exit that helps the engine deliver more top-end power and over rev, plus better low-end torque feel. A new piston heat treatment adds durability, too.
Revised KYB PSF Air Fork: The CRF450R's 48mm inverted KYB PSF (Pneumatic Spring Fork) air fork is even better for 2015, with new high/low-speed compression and rebound damping. It weighs less than a conventional spring fork, and adjusting the spring rate is as easy pumping air.
- New Cylinder Head Layout: For 2015, the exhaust header exits the head from the right side, which lets us shorten the header by 320mm. The new head design delivers more top-end power and over rev, plus better low-end torque feel.
- New Piston: The CRF450R's piston may look the same for 2015, but a new heat treatment improves durability--just another example of Honda engineering working to make a great bike even better.
- Short Twin-Muffler Exhaust System: The dual exhaust on the 2015 CRF450R features larger-diameter tail pipes and a new shorter head pipe, helping boost engine top-end horsepower. The dual exhaust system is compact and positioned close and low in the frame’s center to take weight off the rear end and bring more mass to the bike’s center for improved handling.
- New Engine Mode Select Button: An industry first for MX bikes: This simple handlebar-mounted button lets you dial in engine power delivery character with a push of your thumb. Choose between Standard, Smooth, and Aggressive, depending on track conditions. If you want to change up the settings, you can reprogram the Smooth and Aggressive modes with our optional HRC Tuning Tool for a custom-tailored power delivery.
- Revised PGM-FI Settings: The revised settings on the CRF450R's Programmed Fuel Injection improve low- and mid-range power, and help deliver smooth, predictable engine performance. With our available HRC Fuel Injection Setting Tool, it’s easily adjustable to specific track conditions and refines your settings in place of the smooth and aggressive settings on the engine mode selector.
- New Transmission Gears: We changed the transmission gears' material this year: they're the same size, but stronger now, making them more durable.
- Next-Generation Aluminum Frame: Our Next-Gen twin spar aluminum frame is designed to work with the KYB air fork, suspension components and subframe to improve mass steering feedback, suspension action, chassis stiffness and compliance.
- Air-Fork Front Suspension: The CRF450R's revolutionary air fork is better than ever for 2015. It’s a 48mm inverted KYB PSF (Pneumatic Spring Fork), easily adjustable with a simple air pump. This year we've added new high/low-speed compression and rebound-damping adjustments, so you can dial it in more precisely than ever to help keep your front tire planted for better tracking through turns and across whoops.
- Honda Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD): The HPSD is designed to work in conjunction with the front and rear suspension to give you unmatched steering precision under braking, acceleration, and in the whoops, ruts, and hardpack. There's nothing like it!
- New 260mm Front Brake: The 2015 CRF450R gets a new, larger front-brake disc this year that measures a whopping 260mm. You get great brake feel, and the new wave pattern cuts down on weight. New front and rear black brake guards are part of the package too.
- New Rear Shock: Seconds count between motos or practice sessions, and that's why we made changes to the CRF450R's KYB shock for 2015. Relocating the shock's rebound-damping adjustment screw to the top of the shock body makes it easier to access, saving you time and hassle.
- New Dunlop MX52 Tires: Developed using Dunlop’s “block-on-block” technology, the unidirection MX52FA front tire and MX52 rear tire give excellent feedback and traction, and are a perfect complement for the CRF450R’s revised suspension.
- Blacked-Out Accents: New blackened radiator fin guards, rear disk guard and brake line guides look sharp and help the CRF450R stand out from the competition.
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Valve Train: Unicam®, four-valve; 36 mm intake, titanium; 31 mm exhaust, steel
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 46 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full transistor with electronic advance
- Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 Chain; 13T/48T
- Front Suspension: 48 mm inverted KYB PSF (Pneumatic Spring Fork) with air-adjustable spring rate, and rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 12.2 in. travel.
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link®, KYB single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed and highspeed; 12.4 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 260 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 240 mm disc
- Front Tire: Dunlop MX52FA 80/100-21
- Rear Tire: Dunlop MX52 120/80-19
- Wheelbase: 58.7 in.
- Rake: 27 deg. 04 min. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 116 mm (4.57 in.)
- Seat Height: 37.5 in.
- Ground Clearance: 13.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.7 gal.
- Curb Weight: 243 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.)
- Available Colors: Red
- Model Id: CRF450R
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke; Unicam®, four-valve; 36 mm intake, titanium; 31 mm exhaust, steel
- 449 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 46 mm throttle body
- Full transistor with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 48 mm inverted KYB PSF (Pneumatic Spring Fork) with air-adjustable spring rate, and rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 12.2 in. travel.
- Front Brakes
- Single 260 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop MX52FA 80/100-21
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link®, KYB single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed and highspeed; 12.4 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240 mm disc
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop MX52 120/80-19
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 243 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.7 gal.
- 58.7 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.0 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.5 in.
- 4.57 in. (116 mm)
- 27 deg. 04 min.
- Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- #520 Chain; 13T/48T