Inventory Unit Detail
2012 Honda VT1300CT
Long Distance Operator.
Who hasn’t dreamed of owning an awesome custom motorcycle? And who hasn’t dreamed of taking off for a weekend—or a week—and going on a nice long ride where the cell phone doesn’t ring and there’s no email to answer? That’s what the Honda Interstate is all about. With its 1312cc V-twin engine the Interstate is the ultimate expression of progressive retro cruiser styling, with one big difference: It’s built to go the (long) distance, with touring features like floorboards, roomy leather-clad saddlebags, and a custom windscreen.
Built for the long haul.
With its potent 1312cc, 52º V-twin, the Interstate delivers strong low- and mid-range torque, ample passing power, and an exhaust note that’s like a siren song for the open road.
The lap of luxury.
Long-distance riders know that the Interstate’s floorboards, saddlebags, and classic fork-mounted windscreen are all you need to turn this custom into a great open-road machine ready to take off at a minute’s notice.
Braking it down.
The Interstate features front and rear disc brakes, and the option of Honda’s Anti-lock brake system. That makes for powerful, sure stops. Because you never know what the open road is going to throw at you.
- 1312cc V-twin Engine: Powerful 1312cc, 52-degree V-twin engine with a single-pin crankshaft and dual balancers has plenty of torque, and the feel only a V-twin can deliver.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Interstate's fuel-injection system means no-hassle startups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber
- Shaft Final Drive: The shaft final drive is quiet, clean, and has been uniquely integrated into the overall design.
- Front and Rear Disc Brakes: The Interstate is equipped with powerful disc brakes at both ends.
- Heel-Toe Shifter: A handy, and old-school cruiser-style, heel-toe shifter is paired with the floorboards to make shifting through the gears a simple toe or heel tap away.
- Full-Size Floorboards: A must-have for every long-distance machine: large, roomy floorboards, with vibration-absorbing rubber inserts, to keep your size-12 dogs relaxed all day long.
- Color-Matched Frame: The Interstate's color-matched frame really gives this bike a finishing, custom touch.
- Chrome Fork Covers: Custom bikes can never have too much style, as the Interstate illustrates perfectly with its brilliant, eye-catching chrome fork covers.
- Windscreen: The stylish custom windscreen keeps wind and weather at bay, ensuring both rider and passenger cruise in ultimate touring comfort.
- Low-Slung Saddle: Measuring in at a low, easy-to-get-the-boots-down-when-stopping 26.8 inches, the Interstate's wide, cushy seat not only enhances the comfort level, but the styling as well.
- Hardcover Saddlebags: Roomy and built with stylish leather overlaying a protective hard case and cover, the Interstate's saddlebags are big enough to pack for a long trip—and durable enough to take it.
- Engine Type: 1312 cc liquid-cooled 52 deg. V-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 89.5 mm x 104.3 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 38 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.0 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock; 3.9 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 336 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: 296 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire: 140/80-17
- Rear Tire: 170/80-15
- Rake: 33 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 118 mm (4.6 in.)
- Wheelbase: 70.3 in.
- Seat Height: 26.8 in.
- Curb Weight: 712 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gal.
- Mpg: 46 MPG
- Model Id: VT1300CT
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black, Dark Red Metallic
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- 52 deg. V-twin; SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- 1312 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 89.5 mm x 104.3 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 38 mm throttle body
- Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.0 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 3.9 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 336 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 296 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 70.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 26.8 in.
- 33 deg.
- 4.6 in. (118 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.4 gal.
- 46 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 712 lb.
- Final Drive
- Black, Dark Red Metallic
- One Year Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.