Inventory Unit Detail
2012 Harley-Davidson® XL 883 SPORTSTER
XL 883 SPORTSTER
- Premium Styling Features: The value and quality of the confidence-inspiring SuperLow™ model is unparalleled in its class. With a true Harley-Davidson® rumble, steel parts, premium paint and flawless chrome, this model reveals its authentic American motorcycle roots in every inch of detail.
- Walnut Fuel Tank: The 4.5-gallon walnut fuel tank offers spacious fuel capacity for a low-profile tank. It's tough, iconic and it leaves a good amount of room to show off more V-Twin. The tank graphic showcases the unique styling of the SuperLow™ motorcycle; as if the tank came right off the calligraphers brush.
- Premium Paint: Up to two times thicker than the competition, custom quality paint comes standard on all Harley-Davidson® motorcycles. Clearcoat layering up to five mils deep. Bigger metal flakes. Unique effects in the sunglo and pearl colors. Skimping simply is not in our vocabulary.
- Hand Finished Fuel Tank: All Harley-Davidson® fuel tanks are finished by hand—that's what makes them stand out from the competition. Their seamless design and unmatched style are unique among all motorcycles on the road. The tanks are one of the first and last things people notice when they lay their eyes on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle—so we make it worth their time.
- Evolution® Engine Heritage: The Evolution® engine—known in certain crowds as the Blockhead—was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
- Evolution® Engine Innovation: Air-cooled and durable as hell, the 883cc Evolution® engine is yet another nod to the unwavering work ethic that drives advancements in motor technology at Harley-Davidson. Aluminum heads and cylinders lighten the load of the bike and improve air-cooling efficiency. Electronic fuel injection says goodbye to carburetors and boasts increased reliability and less routine maintenance. Bottom line: the rubber-mounted Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you can just worry about taking in the freedom of the open road.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the 883cc Evolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Silver powder-coated cylinders and cylinder heads are topped off with polished rocker covers to complete the premium Harley-Davidson® look. Unmatched style and performance down to the very last detail. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the 883cc Evolution® engine makes an ironclad statement to holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Artfully Hidden Technology: Harley-Davidson® leverages the latest in technology without compromising style and function. That means we hide electronics. The whole wiring harness is skillfully routed behind the jewels of the bike—the tank, engine and all the other eye-popping features you want to see. It's just another way The Motor Company goes the extra mile to give its bikes that premium, top-of-the-line fit and finish.
- Intuitive Controls: Hand controls on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle are incredibly intuitive. The turn signals are self-canceling and, based on the speed and angle of the motorcycle, they know how long to stay on. Engaging the controls quickly becomes second nature so you can focus less on turning off your signal and more on basking in the freedom of the ride.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to details and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Comfortable Cockpit: A combination of a low bucket seat, longer travel rear suspension and easy-grip handlebar creates a comfortable riding position for a wide range of riders. Ergonomically sound, this bike helps build confidence in all aspects of your journey—from lifting it off its side stand to handling and turning, and every bump, twisty and stop in between.
- Advanced Front End Geometry: A lighter feeling, highly maneuverable front end on the SuperLow™ model helps build rider confidence, especially when operating the bike at lower speeds. Lightweight front forks and triple clamps, and an 18 inch front wheel diameter combine to offer a smooth ride with easy handling. This is freedom on two wheels.
- Enhanced Low Speed Maneuverability: With an 18 inch wheel up front and a 17 inch wheel backing it up at the tail end, the light wheels and radial tires on the SuperLow™ motorcycle make handling a cinch. Cast black split 5-spoke machined rims weigh less and get you through turns and other low-speed maneuvers effortlessly.
- Final Drive Ratio: Experience smooth handling at slow speed and easy acceleration off the line with the final drive ratio found on the SuperLow™ motorcycle. Electronic fuel injection coupled with trouble-free handling help create a confidence-inspiring ride that's perfect for anyone just beginning their journey on two wheels.
- Unique Rear Suspension: A lower, longer travel rear suspension on the SuperLow™ motorcycle sets you up with additional comfort on the road without sacrificing seat height. This unique suspension helps the SuperLow™ motorcycle barrel through bumps and other unexpected road conditions with ease.
- Low Seat Height: The low, ergonomic seat on the SuperLow™ model provides the ultimate in handling confidence. The combination of a low, 25.5 inch seat height plus a narrow frame makes it easy to maneuver your ride through turns and down straights at varying speeds. Just toss a leg over and crack the throttle—feel the freedom.
- Tuned to be Ridden: Harley-Davidson® motorcycles are different from any other bike out on the road. There's a balance to them. The steering, the maneuverability—it's all in concert. And each Harley-Davidson® model is tuned differently to create a unique riding experience for each individual no matter which bike they swing their leg over. Let's face it, we didn't get to where we are by being like everyone else.
- Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires: New Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires provide the superior performance, sensational grip, impressive durability and excellent handling expected on a race-bred bike. The exclusive deep-cut tread design improves grip and water evacuation capability. Grip performance and durability is also enhanced by the tire's rubber compounds, which use the latest generation of Michelin synthetic polymers. Under the rear rubber, aramid belts are used to stabilize your ride, which helps inspire confidence in handling.
- Mid-Mounted Controls: Let your boots fall where they may, naturally to the mid-mounted controls and rider foot pegs on the SuperLow™ model. An easy reach and tight rider triangle is confidence-inspiring for new riders eager to set off on their journey and riders whose legs run slightly shorter than others.
- Seat Engineering and Design: The seat is home for Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. They want a seat that has unique style without sacrificing comfort. Because of that, Harley-Davidson invests a lot of time in researching, designing and testing seats so that every bike has just the right saddle.
- Length: 86.1 in. (2,187 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 25.5 in. (648 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 26.8 in. (681 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 3.8 in. (97 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 31.1
- Trail: 5.7 in. (145 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.3 in. (1,506 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 120/70 ZR-18 59W
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/60 ZR-17 66W
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 2.8 qt. (2.6 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 536 lb. (234.1 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 563 lb. (255.4 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore: 3 in. (76.2 mm)
- Stroke: 3.812 in. (96.8 mm)
- Displacement: 53.9 cu in (883 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 8.9:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 57/34 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 10.407
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 7.436
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 5.53
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.583
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.93
- Exhaust: Chrome, staggered, shorty exhaust with dual mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Black, Split 5-Spoke with Machined Rim
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black, Split 5-Spoke with Machined Rim
- Brakes, Caliper Type: Dual-piston front, single-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 55 ft-lb (75 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 24.7
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 24.4
- Fuel Economy Combined City/Hwy: 51 mpg (4.6 L/100km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
- Gauges: Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
- Engine Type
- 53.9 cu in (883 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3 in. (76.2 mm) x 3.812 in. (96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR-18 59W
- Rear Tire
- 150/60 ZR-17 66W
- 59.3 in. (1,506 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 25.5 in. (648 mm); Unladen: 26.8 in. (681 mm)
- 31.1 deg.
- 5.7 in. (145 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- 51 mpg (4.6 L/100km)
- Dry Weight
- 536 lb. (234.1 kg)
- Final Drive
- Chain, 57/34 ratio
- Vivid Black
- 2 year unlimited mileage